Bug [#3] SWE - pwnZONE.NET - RPG SURF - !knife !ws !gloves - Severeness: 9 - surf_legends_underground_nf_v2 - surfing collision bug

Eaglesg

VIP
Jan 12, 2020
User name: Eaglesg

Server
[#3] SWE - pwnZONE.NET - RPG SURF - !knife !ws !gloves

Short bug description
surf_legends_underground_nf_v2 - surfing collision bug

Bug description
Hello guys,

I've been on your RPG surf server for quite some time now and I'm having a blast !
I especially love surf_legends_underground_nf_v2 (even if I would prefer having surf_legends_lite with the fog).
BUT - since about a month or two the map started to have a serious bug when I surf: randomly I will completely stop on the surf zone, just like I ran into an invisible wall. I thought about an internet connection bug/lag at first but the other maps are fine. Plus, I got two friends playing with me on this server that have this exact same bug.
PLEASE fix it as soon as possible as we LOVE this map (so please don't remove it from the list, or just exchange for surf_legends_lite ;) )

Thanks,
E.

How can we replicate the bug?
Just surf the whole map, it will appear soon - I can also record a video

How severe is the bug from a scale of 1-10? 9

Reactions: s0ca

s0ca

VIP
Jan 12, 2020
Agreed I'm totally fan of this map but those collision bugs are so annoying ...
That's a nice suggestion to propose surf_legend_lite as a replacement ! It remember me so many hours of fun :D

Reactions: Eaglesg

zhell

Founder
May 18, 2019
Sweden
This bug is a bug in the engine, which we cant really fix. We can only reduce it by lowering the tickrate even more. the tick is at 102 already to fix it most of the time, but it still happens on some maps. I'll try changing to 85.4 tick, i dont want to run at 64tick because i still want the surfing to be enjoyable.

Reactions: Eaglesg and s0ca

s0ca

VIP
Jan 12, 2020
ow ... I wasn't aware of this ! So if we match the tickrate of the server via the CS terminal it should smooth our experience (I guess) I'll give a try tonight ! thanks for your answer ! it totally make sens !

Reactions: Eaglesg

Eaglesg

VIP
Jan 12, 2020
Ok I just tried and while it is of course slower surfing I don't have the problem anymore! Thanks a lot zhell !

I'm also sharing a screenshot with netstats graph on displaying 20.5 ticks, not sure why but anyway :)

• Wow
Reactions: s0ca

s0ca

VIP
Jan 12, 2020
erf ... actually less tickrate was a good idea ^^
But 20,5 is a bit low right ? I mean, if I was a slug it would be super fast like the millenium falcon but I'm not ^^
Sorry Zhell for those troubles it's kinda our fault ^^'

Eaglesg

VIP
Jan 12, 2020
surf_legends_underground_nf_v2 is working like a charm now, thank you very much !